The original platted are of Marvin Chapel Cemetery was once the site of the Church Yard of Marvin Chapel Methodist Church set aside for interment of deceased members and their families to be buried.
In or around 1941 the City of Graceville was conveyed maintenance and ownership of the cemetery. The original section of the cemetery has approximately 161 unmarked graves with the earliest date of death legible as 11 November 1882.
Only lots in the North section of the cemetery are available. The prices for purchasing cemetery lots are as follows:
- Resident inside city limits $500.00
- Resident outside city limits $750.00